Ranew's Companies is seeking Shipping & Receiving Clerks to join our team in Thomaston, GA.
A Shipping & Receiving Clerk oversees and keeps records of all shipping and receiving. More specifically, they are responsible for organizing, sorting, and transferring goods from one location to another. They monitor company packages from the start to finish, ensuring proper packaging techniques and shipping practices. Shipping clerks also update inventory records and collaborate with procurement staff to list expected deliveries, receiving shipments and signing paperwork upon receipt.
Location: Thomaston, GA Salary: $14 - $16 /hour (starting pay is based on experience and shift) Job Type: Full-time (3rd Shift)
Shipping & Receiving Clerk Responsibilities:
- Shipping & receiving clerks are able to obtain product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering them and distributing packages and parts within the company.
- Maintain the company stocks through organizing, cleaning and cataloging items on a regular basis.
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is a sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments.
- Keep files of goods shipped and received by preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for managers.
- Ensure adherence to environmental management and systems.
- Troubleshoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them.
- Place merchandise in a warehouse or storage facility by packaging, lifting items as necessary, operating forklifts and pallet jacks for large goods.
- Paid Holidays
Once you submit the form we usually contact you as soon as possible, so please make sure your contact information is correct. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact our office at (770) 229-5090, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Please Read Carefully:
You are only able to apply online to one open position per month. Make sure you are applying for the best job for your skillset. Before filling out the application you may want to Click Here to see a list of our current open positions if you are unsure.