Ranew's Companies is seeking a Project Manager to join our team in Waterloo, IA. The Project Manager oversees and manages engineering and technical development projects within our organization. This position requires strong coordination skills to effectively oversee all aspects of the project, such as budget allocations, workflow management, staffing, and scheduling. By ensuring adherence to project timelines, the Project Manager plays a crucial role in driving successful outcomes.
Plant Location: Waterloo, IA Salary: TBD based on experience (Highly Competitive) Job Type: Full-time Benefits: Performance Bonus, Paid Holidays, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Works closely with all levels of the organization to develop a comprehensive strategic plan and estimate the necessary resources for successful project completion, including materials, time, labor, and costs.
- Facilitates and actively contributes to the creation of project plans and designs, ensuring alignment with project objectives and timelines.
- Evaluate and recommend suitable materials, equipment, and practices for implementation throughout the project.
- Assesses vendor qualifications in terms of competence, capabilities, resources, and financial stability.
- Oversee both internal support and vendor teams to monitor the progress of projects to ensure adherence to established timelines and deliverables.
- Conducts regular comparisons between actual costs incurred during development projects and initial cost estimates provided.
- Engages collaboratively with the design team to address any unforeseen challenges or issues during project execution.
- Analyzes existing equipment, systems, processes, and procedures to identify potential enhancements that could improve operational efficiency while reducing expenses without compromising quality standards.
- Prepares detailed reports documenting progress updates as well as costs incurred periodically for review by senior leadership personnel.
- Ensures strict compliance with relevant codes of conduct, guidelines, best practices, policies, and regulations throughout all project phases.
- Maintains an open line of communication with the operations department to promptly identify and resolve any obstacles or difficulties encountered during development projects' implementation stages.
- Establish process controls that adhere to company standards and support the implementation of all facility processes and capabilities, including design, training, and start-up activities.
- Actively participates in knowledge-sharing initiatives with other project managers and engineers from different plants to exchange ideas regarding problem-solving strategies when confronted with similar challenges or situations.
- Executes additional tasks as required by superiors within the scope of assigned responsibilities.
Project Manager Qualifications:
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent budgeting and cost containment skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Technical experience related to interpreting engineering drawings and designs.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office or related software.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study.
- Three years of experience in a related field.
Once you submit the form, we usually contact you as soon as possible, so please make sure your contact information is correct. If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact our office at (309) 865-6600 ext 2702, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.