The responsibilities of a Paint Process Engineer include analyzing and maintaining automated paint equipment to ensure each order meets or exceeds client expectations. This position is common in the automotive industry and for companies that produce components and other painted parts.
Location: Milner, GA Salary: To Be Determined Based On Experience Job Type: Full-time
Paint Engineer Responsibilities:
- Maintain all testing and compliance of coating intensities to meet customer and internal requirements.
- Manage chemical and material vendors and compliance.
- Validate paint and metal treating process changes.
- Develop standard work instructions and training for operators.
- Process engineering change orders and define labor standards.
- Monitor metal pretreatment and shot blast systems.
- Define masking requirements and work with vendors to develop masking solutions.
- Define and maintain a detailed preventive maintenance schedule that pertains to paint, and ensure all PM processes and assignments are followed through.
- Resolve technical problems and recommend production improvements.
- Lead in the specification training and documentation of paint processes in support of quality and first yield goals on first and third shift.
- Manage all calibrated tools in accordance with ISO standards.
- Update and control MSDS.
- Define new and revised hang methods to increase productivity.
Paint Manufacturing Engineer Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 3+ years of experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Experience working on multidisciplinary teams.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Paid Holidays
Please fill out the simple (mini) application form below. Once you submit the form we usually contact you as soon as possible, so please make sure your contact information is correct.
If you have any additional questions feel free to contact our office at (770) 229-5090, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm..