The Wastewater Lab Technician provides analytical, math and technical skills when directly overseeing the operations, maintenance and repairs of water treatment equipment and lab processes. Please do not apply unless you have previous lab technician experience.
Location: Waterloo, IA Salary: $20 to $21 /hour (starting pay is based on experience) Job Type: Full-time (3rd Shift)
Lab Technician Responsibilities:
- Complete Wastewater treatment operation and testing.
- Conduct regular cleaning and preventive maintenance of Wastewater Treatment and E-Coat.
- Collect and test samples of water, employing analysis standards and testing equipment, to ensure treated water meets or exceeds EPA standards.
- Adjust equipment controls to purify and clarify water as well as process and dispose of waste.
- Add chemicals as needed for recommended targets.
- Inspect machinery and maintain surveillance on operating conditions, gauges, and meters to ensure continued efficient operations as well as detect malfunctions.
- Record and track plant and equipment operational data, including meter and gauge readings, and observe a regular schedule for maintenance and upgrades to prevent system breakdowns.
- Maintain and coordinate with maintenance the repair of plant equipment.
- Communicate with supervisors, coworkers, other employees and upper management regarding operations, plant conditions and other essential information.
- Collaborate with upper management to determine the best practices, equipment, upgrades and other operational aspects to contribute to ecologically friendly, cost-effective impacts of the facility’s water treatment.
- Arrange for tote and drum pickups as needed.
- Perform tank cleanout.
- Load, unload chemicals and/or paint when needed.
- Complete EHS Audits.
- Maintain safety in accordance with company policies.
- Notify Maintenance Manager of any existing or potential safety issues.
- Bending, standing and lifting required.
- Support facility with On-call situations and/or emergency situations.
- Assist Maintenance techs when required.
Lab Technician Qualifications:
- 18 years of age or older.
- Highschool Diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to use a variety of both hand tools and power tools.
- Must be able to lift part up to 50 lbs.
- Class K Wastewater treatment operator certification preferred.
- E-Coat operations knowledge preferred but not required.
- Fork truck certification preferred but not required.
Once you submit the form we usually contact you as soon as possible, so please make sure your contact information is correct. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact our office at (319) 229-2116 ext 1405, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm.
Please Read Carefully:
You are only able to apply online to one open position per month. Make sure you are applying for the best job for your skillset. Before filling out the application you may want to Click Here to see a list of our current open positions if you are unsure.