Allan Industrial Coatings (AIC) & Ranew's Companies is seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to join our growing team in Waterloo, IA.
The main role of a maintenance technician is to preserve the good condition and functionality of the premises. A maintenance technician performs maintenance tasks on a wide variety of equipment and machinery. The maintenance technician is a thorough professional with a practical mind and attention to detail. They must work autonomously and responsibly by observing all health and safety guidelines. The goal of a maintenance technician is to maintain buildings, common areas and equipment in the best possible condition.
Location: Waterloo, IA Starting Pay: $24 - $28 /hour (starting pay is based on experience) Job Type: Full-time (1st Shift)
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities:
- Fixing and maintaining mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines.
- Rebuilding, repairing, and/or replacing equipment/machinery/parts.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Installing equipment/machinery/parts.
- Inspecting and troubleshooting equipment and systems.
- Creating daily activity reports.
- Collaboration with management and other departments regarding maintenance issues throughout the facility.
- Examines, tests, and measures product from assigned equipment for quality specifications, using gauges and instruments, and records data on appropriate forms. Checks product for visual defects.
- Instructs and directs any maintenance trainees assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Maintenance Technician Qualifications:
- Mechanical skills and understanding of basic machine functions.
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Basic computer skills.
- Willingness to work and be on time when scheduled.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Strong work ethic and eye for detail.
- Exemplary safety record (with previous employer).
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal. Experience Preferred But Not Required:
- General knowledge of plant layout and production floor equipment and processes.
Physical Requirements For This Position:
- Climbing occasionally.
- Production Bonus
- Paid Holidays
Once you submit the form we usually contact you as soon as possible, so please make sure your contact information is correct. If you have any additional questions feel free to contact our office at (319) 267-2292, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Please Read Carefully:
You are only able to apply online to one open position per month. Make sure you are applying for the best job for your skillset. Before filling out the application you may want to Click Here to see a list of our current open positions if you are unsure.